The Vocal Academy was founded by Lu Bristow in 2003. Where the lessons being taught by herself and other tutors are proving so popular, they are now being taught across the South West and South East of England.
• TVA has been working with schools since 2004
• All TVA tutors are working & performing singers
• TVA tutors will work with students of all abilities
• One-to-ones or small group lessons available.
. Grading available.
The Vocal Academy - Horsham
In recent years, Lu Bristow (Founder of The Vocal Academy) has taught under 18's and group lessons in the Horsham area and having played in many local venues herself, knows just how much the people of Horsham love their music. Lu is also a firm believer of the health benefits singing can bring to an individual and felt it was the right time to set up The Vocal Academy in Horsham, with the view to create performance opportunities in the future for those who want to get involved!
Jacinda - Vocal Coach
Jacinda is a highly motivated, professional and enthusiastic singing teacher with teaching experience at contemporary performing arts schools in West Sussex and as a private vocal coach. She graduated from The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM) with a BMus Degree and CertHE Diploma in Professional Music Performance Vocals.
Jacinda currently works at the already successful TVA Worthing and specialises in teaching vocal technique/health, performance skills, audition preparation, artist development, graded music exams (vocals) and a variety of contemporary genres.
Jacinda: ‘My main focus when teaching students is to build a solid foundation on which they can develop and use their voice in the correct manner and to its full potential. I feel it’s important to create a fun, supportive, non-judgemental space where students can learn from their mistakes and know its perfectly human to make them!’
* Completed a CertHE Diploma in Professional Music Performance Vocals
* ACM Guildford Graduate, studying a BMus Degree in Professional Music Performance Vocals (2016)
* Worked as a private Vocal Coach teaching 1:1 and group band sessions at performing arts schools across West Sussex
* Performed and released a debut EP as a Solo Artist: Rosetta & The Keepers
* Songwriter, Professional Solo Singer and Backing Vocalist performing at functions and venues across the Surrey/Sussex area since 2014
During lessons you may cover:
• Preparing to sing • Confidence building • Breathing • Vocal warm-ups • Technical exercises • Range • Tuning • Tone • Control • Harmony • Performance • Recording • Audition prep • Artist development and so much more!
Our singing lessons in Horsham are taught in purpose built, sound proofed studios at: Unit 1 Blatchford Close, Horsham RH13 5RG.